We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- your name, company, email address or mailing address
- your computer's IP address, indicating generally where your computer is located on the Internet
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or indirectly, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of JMaxwellUSB.Com, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website; research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Credit Card Information (if applicable)
If you choose to complete your purchase by credit card, then JMaxwellUSB.Com simply transfers your credit card data to our payment processor, and we do not store it on our servers. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), and transported via Secure Sockets Layer (HTTPS) from your browser. Your purchase transaction data is stored in memory only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, only the amount of your purchase and transaction date is associated with your name in our database. We do not retain your credit card data on our server in any form.
Our direct payment gateway adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our Website and its service providers.
Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will not be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- to log off the JMaxwellUSB.Com Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
JMaxwellUSB.Com's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Your right to correct or make changes to your information
At any time you may request to have information about you that we may have stored, changed or corrected. Please contact us by any means indicated in the Contact Us page on this Website.
Questions or comments?
Support, or contact us via any of the ways described in the Contact Us page. We take all privacy concerns very seriously and will respond appropriately and quickly. Our customers have been our number one priority and will continue to be our first priority in the future.
Thank you for choosing JMaxwellUSB.Com!